Nearly all women face this issue sooner or later – which in turn restricts their wardrobe choices. The most straightforward method should be to follow some easy natural home remedies that is worked on regularly to maintain clean and neat underarms.
Dark underarms or dark armpits refer to the dark colored skin under the arms which is darker than the rest of the body. It occurs in both men and women, but women are more uncomfortable on having dark armpits. They cannot wear sleeveless dresses and swimming costumes.
These days ladies wishes to wear sleeveless dress as that has become a fashion. But, if you have dark underarm, that will look really odd. Thus, you must get ways of getting dark underarm light. The creams and cosmetics are ample in the market. You can choose any variety to suit your need. But, the homemade natural products can also work in a wonderful way. You will no more need to feel ashamed due to due dark underarms.
When you are in a situation where you have to raise your arms, the dark underarms will be a reason for extreme shame. Let us find out the tips to beautify dark underarm.
Dark underarms – things to avoid
- Try not to shave underarms regularly – Waxing is really a better option. When you choose to shave, move in the same path as growth of hair otherwise it will have ingrown hair, which may darken the spot. Use the moisturizer just before and after using a shaver.
- Avoid sporting tight apparel or artificial fabrics too often as this will cause increased friction.
- Individuals who suffer from acidity are prone to excess perspiration, that can excrete uric acid which darkens your skin layer.
- Do not spray deodorants on the skin directly, keep distance of at least 6cms whiling spraying the deo. Chemicals contained in deodorants are a major cause for darkened skin color.
- Exfoliate at least twice a week to take away the buildup of dead cells and microbes.
- Restrict by using depilatory creams because chemicals darken skin color. When you choose to do use the hair removing cream – scrub underarm totally with lukewarm water. Use the mudpack created using fullers earth (multani mitti) as this will absorb all the chemicals and leave the spot clean and dry.
- Because of bacterial infection, there will probably be some itching and body stench which may result in darker patches. Work with an anti fungal powder.
- Sometimes dark underarms are generally hereditary, sometimes due to contraceptive pills or diabetes. It is advisable to consult a doctor under these circumstances.
- In the event the arms are very flabby and heavy because of obesity it cold result in darker underarms.
Some simple solutions
- Apple cider vinegar could be dabbed on – it can also be combined with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda for good results.
- Regularly massage your underarms with coconut oil before yo take bath. This may remove bacterial infections and brighten underarms.
- Blend some lime peels with 1 teaspoon of yogurt, Apply this on your underarms and leave it for 20 minutes. This smells good as well as lightens the skin color.
- Slice the lemon and rub the spot, leave for a quarter-hour and scrub. Dry totally.
- Rub the underarm area with a slice of potato. Potato juice can even be applied for improving the skin color as its acts as a natural bleach agent.
- Add lemon juice to 1 tbsp of baking soda ,is it well and apply it on yo underarms. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off. Dry out thoroughly.
- Baking soda could be applied regularly before taking bath.
- Make a paste using 1 tablespoon of gram flour, a pinch of turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Use this mixture to on you underarms at least twice a week.
- To 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder add required quantity of rose water to make a paste. Apply this paste on your skin and and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off and towel dry it thoroughly.
- Make a scrub using 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon of powdered walnuts and peanuts. Apply this paste on your skin and and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off and towel dry it thoroughly. Honey nourishes your skin, while lime acts as a bleaching agent and loco provides necessary nutrients and oil.
- Mash 1 fresh banana and add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply this paste on your skin and and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off and towel dry it thoroughly.
- Try to use an anti fungal powder and alum powder as an alternative to deodorant.
Common causes of dark underarms
- Dark underarms are not a symptom of any disease or something that requires immediate medical attention.
- Dark colored clothes–Wearing of dark colored clothes most of the time tends to create friction between the underarms and the cloth material which leads to darkened underarms.
- Excessive use of hair removal creams can cause discoloration of skin that leads to darkened armpits.
- Using of deodorants and perfumes directly on the skin tends to darken the underarms due to some chemicals present in these products.
- Shaving of underarms is the major cause of dark underarms because it cuts the hair from the surface of the skin which leads to thickening of the hair. This increases pigmentation and darkens the area.
- Hereditary factor can also cause dark underarms as it may be due to excessive overweight or hormonal factors that lead to pigmentation and darkening of the skin
- Excessive sweating leads to skin darkening as the bacteria present in the skin of the underarms are trapped which result in darkening of the skin.
Steps for lightening dark underarms
- Remove underarm hair by waxing and avoid shaving, because waxing removes the hair from the root whereas shaving removes them from the surface of the skin and creates an illusion of darkness.
- Clear the dead skin cells by exfoliating the underarms. Exfoliation tends to wash away the dead skin cells and other impurities blocked under our arms. These are a common reason for darkness and dirty underarms. Exfoliating must be done with natural ingredients.
- Apply skin lightening creams that contain peptides and various natural extracts which help in removing the darkness of armpits.
- Provide moisture to underarms to prevent the underarm skin to become dry, rough and dark… Moisture helps to keep skin soft and fairer. A good vitamin E moisturizer that keeps the skin hydrated and helps to get rid of dark underarms quickly.
- Wash the underarms daily to wash out the dirt and bad odour from the armpit.
- Steaming is an important step for remove the darkness from armpits. This will remove the clogged dead cells and dirt and make the skin look fair.
- Rub cotton balls dipped in warm water under the arms. This will make the skin smooth and rubbing will help in getting rid of dirt and dead skin cells.
- Massages with some natural oils are excellent for removing the impurities from the skin and making it look fair.
- Eat healthy die that is rich in vitamins and minerals. Remember vitamin C helps to lighten the skin…
Natural ways to get rid of dark underarms
- Lemon is a natural skin cleansing product that helps to lighten the skin tone. Rub lemon juice underarms for 15 minutes and then wash it.
- Aloe Vera can be used as a natural exfoliate for the underarms. Apply the aloe Vera gel under the arms. This gel provides antioxidants and moisture that helps to clean the armpits and make them soft.
- Ice cubes can be massaged on the armpits to remove impurities from skin and increase the blood flow to that area.
- Turmeric and sandalwood paste can be prepared by adding rose water to it. Apply the paste underarms and wash it off after 15 minutes. This remedy will help to get rid of dark underarms.
- Olive oil can be applied under the pits. The moisture and antioxidants in olive oil effectively reduces the underarm darkness.
- Papaya is rich in an enzyme called as papa in, which is well known for removing dirt and dead cells and making the underarms fair. Apply the papaya paste to your skin and rub it gently. Wash it after 20 minutes.
- Milk cream is full of moisture and nutrients that help in repairing the dark cells and making it fair. Massage milk cream to affected area for getting lighter underarms.
- Saffron is an ancient royal remedy for lightening skin. Mix milk and saffron and apply on the skin of the underarms. Leave for 15 minutes and then wash it.
Cucumber is a wonderful fruit that is having skin clearing remedy. Even for your face it can work as an excellent beautifying agent. If you want to make your dark arm really fair, apply the slices of cucumber under your arm. Just rub the slices against your underarm skin and see the fairness appearing after sometime. You need to do it regularly to get the darkness removed. You can also make cucumber pulp and apply it under your arm.
Another natural way to remove darkness of your underarm will be the use of juice extracted from fresh tomato. You have to slice a tomato and take out the juice inside it. Now slowly apply the juice over your underarms. Rub it in a circular motion and let it absorb by your skin. This will really help removing darkness from your underarms. Tomato is used to remove tan layer or the sunburn from your skin. Thus, you can try it and get white underarm.
Makeup for underarm
If you cannot wait anymore and wish to get wonderful and fair underarm immediately, makeup will be the best solution. You can use the foundation, highlighter and other makeups to make your underarms look fair and attractive. If you cannot do it yourself, approach the makeup artists towards the same. They will provide the best underarm makeup which you can flaunt and manage easily.