Many young men and women have oily skin.As you reach teenage, the oil glands under the skin become hyperactive. This can lead to problems such as blackheads and acne. Moreover, if your diet is unhealthy, it can result in further skin problems.
If you are prone to oily skin due to variegated reasons such as menstruation, puberty, and perspiration, stress and oily skin care products can trigger outbreaks of pimples and acne or even flare-ups.
While you cannot blame some foods for excess oil that inflame or clog your pores, a healthy diet can improve the health of your skin
Oily skin is the one of the problem faced highly in these days. The oily skin makes your face greasy and causes aging.
The oily skin helps for the dirt to rest on your face. This leads to the acne and pimples. What are the causes for the oily skin? Find most reliable causes for the oily skin.
Cause for the oily skin
- The oily skins caused do to the sebaceous glands produce the excessive oil. This is by the body nature of the person. From person to person the sebaceous glands activeness changes due to the genetic of the person sebaceous gland works.
- Highly usage of the skin care products may leads to the oily skin. The skin care products used by us may gear up the sebaceous gland and leads to the excessive production of the oil in the glands.
- The seasonal change is also one of the factor for the oily skin.
- Hormonal changes are also cause the oily skin. In women at the androgen levels are changes throughout the life and have the chances of oily skin. The change in the hormonal leads to the oily skin.
- Over stress may increase the excessive sebum from the sebaceous gland. So try to be cool at any situation.
- Tanning increase the sebum production in the skin. Tanning makes the skin dry at that time sebaceous glands identifies the skin condition and produces the excessive sebum leads the oily skin.
Food to control the oily skin
- Cucumber good for the oily skin. It contains the most of water in it. So try to take the cucumber in your diet.
- Try to avoid the oily and deep fried foods. These oily foods contains the unsaturated fatty acids makes your skin more oily. So try to keep away from the oily food.
- Vitamin C fruits like oranges, lemons, pineapples etc contain the antioxidants. These antioxidants clean up the skin and wash the unwanted toxins from the skin and makes your skin free from oily.
- Avoid the red meat it contains the fatty acids leads the production of sebum from the sebaceous glands. So keep away from the red meat.
- Try to take the juice in your diet. The juices contain the oxidants helps to clean up the oily skin. The oxidants make skin glowing and control the sebum production.
- Avoid the dairy based products like butter, ghee, cheese etc. All these contain the rich fat helps for the excessive oil. Take the curd at the night time.
- Avoid the sugar and carbonated drinks. The glucose in the sugar activates the sebaceous glands. So avoid the sugar foods like sweets, drinks etc.
- Take the green vegetables. Helps for the skin and controls the oily skin.
- Drink lot of water. Water keeps your skin hydrated and makes not to make your skin dry. This keeps sebaceous gland in normal level.
Here are a few foods you should avoid in order to control the oily skin.
Because while processing, the nutrients are lost from grains, they have a huge impact on your blood sugar or they have a high glycemic index. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published a study in the year 2007.
A diet that emphasized low-glycemic sources of carbohydrates was given to forty three males, who were between 15 to 25 years of age.
By the end of the study, the group that consumed low-glycemic sources of carbohydrates showed significant improvements in the acne as compared to the control group, which was not administered anything.
Replace refined grains such as pretzels, white bread, and instant rice with brown rice, quinoa, and popcorn.
Foods that are rich in sugar leave less room for foods that promote the health of the skin, since they have a high glycemic index.
Health care centres, therefore, recommend that you take a diet rich in vitamins and minerals such as fruits and vegetables as compared to taking in corn syrup or any other foods rich in sugar. This will minimize the acne.
Cut back on sugar based items such as chocolates, candies, and the like. Reach for foods that have natural sugars such as beets, yams, gourds, and berries. Sparkling water with lemon and fruit smoothies serve as healthy alternatives to aerated drinks.
Turns out that the glass of milk which your mother may have made you drink as a kid,may actually harm your skin – more so, in case you have oily skin.
Even though dairy products may not damage the skin much, it can accelerate the aging process and worsen your acne. It is time you found new sources of calcium such as tofu and green vegetables.
When you consume more of foods that contain trans-fats may increase the inflammation in a person. On the other hand, if you consume foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, it may reduce your skin from becoming inflamed.
You should also not eat foods rich in saturated fats such as bacon, steaks, fried foods, and high-fat dairy products. Trans-fats are present commonly in foods such as cookies, pasta, cakes, and the like along with food products that make use of hydrogenated vegetable oils.
You should consider taking in healthy alternatives to saturated fats such as flaxseeds, walnuts, etc. that are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. Also avoid eating foods such as pizzas, and other foods that are prepared using refined grains.
Enriched flour is derived by refining the grains, which strips them of its fiber content and other nutrients. As a result, enriched bread, baked goods, cereals, and pasta have a higher impact on your blood sugar and digest less easily.
This leads to increased oil production in the body. Go in for whole grains such as brown rice, oats, and barley instead.
All of us crave oily foods such as potato chips, baked cookies, salted foods, and French fries. These salted snacks are rich in sodium and trans-fats that cause inflammation and damage the health of the skin. Avoiding salty snacks can be beneficial for the health of your skin in the long run.
Fatty and red meats such as pork, lamb, ham, and beef are rich in saturated fats. These fats are linked to cholesterol and fat, which can also make your oily skin worsen in texture.
Therefore, try to restrict the intake of fatty red meat. However, if you have long-lasting symptoms, contact your physician for advice.