Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth is an essential ingredient for beautifying dry skin. Dry skin can leave us with feelings of irritation and itchiness, but its conditions can be healed with multani mitti, if properly applied. Multani mitti is inexpensive, skin friendly and very effective when used correctly.
How to use multani mitti for dry skin?
Dry skin condition is a common problem which can happen due to various reasons. It could be hereditary, extreme exposure to the sun, weather conditions, dehydration, usage of harsh soaps, etc. Dry skin makes our face look flaky and add dullness.
Multani mitti is an effect remedy for all skin types. But, when you have a dry skin, you need a little more care compared to oily or normal skinned people. Cleansing, toning and moisturizing should be a regular part for improving the overall texture of your face.
The face packs made with multani mitti, added along with other ingredients can help your skin lock moisture and reduce dryness. It also rejuvenates the skin and makes it breathe.
Unlike chemicals and lotions, multani mitti is quite natural and readily available.
Benefits of using multani mitti for dry skin
Multani mitti soothes and moisturizes dry skin very well. Dry skin is more prone to bacteria and infections and can cause other skin related problems. Here, we have listed down some benefits you would like to know:
- It enriches our skin with antioxidants which keep the free radicals away
- The rich vitamin content adds health to the skin
- Calms and soothes the skin
- Relieves the skin from inflammation, redness, irritation and itching
- Effective for dry acne prone skin
- Betters blood circulation in skin
- Acts as a scrub for the face below the eye
- Reduces sun tan
- Acts like an antiseptic
- Fights premature aging
Dry skin face packs with multani mitti
Well, multani mitti is usually used like a drying agent for sucking out the excess oil from our skin. This is why, when you use it for dry skin, you have to add it with other ingredients to balance it out and only add the other benefits. Let us now go through some moisturizing and rejuvenating ingredients, which will help your skin retain its moisture.
Multani mitti & honey to clear dry skin
These two ingredients can be blended with each other and made into a paste. If it is too thick to be applied, add a little milk. Blend well and apply it all over your face and neck. You can also apply on your hands and armpits. Let the remedy dry for 20 minutes after which you can wash it off. After cleansing, splash cold/normal water for sealing the pores and also to retain moisture. Apply this pack regularly and make your skin look more radiant.
Remove dry skin with multani mitti & sandalwood
This face pack is apt for dry skin which is prone to acne. Though this sort of skin condition is rare, you might still be one of those uniquely agitated people! Simply add half and half of sandalwood and multani mitti. Add some rose water or honey for making a smooth paste. Apply it on your face and let it dry. Wash off with cold water and apply it twice a week. Remember, you need good quality products for this. Cheap quality sandalwood should not be applied for skin.
Multani mitti with curd for dry skin treatment
Multani Mitti will work like a cleaner and curd will add back the moisture. For having a smooth and glowing face pack. Blend adequate amounts of the two together to make a smooth paste. Apply it on your face and wash off when dry. It also calms you face from itching, irritation and other skin conditions.
Multani mitti with papaya
Take a bowl and add multani mitti and papaya pulp. You have to add some honey to bring the smooth consistency. Papaya has a high content of vitamin A and C. Papaya is also known to have antioxidants, which work along with honey, to treat dry skin. Blend well and apply the paste. Let it dry for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Splash some cold water and see the glow!
Thus, multani mitti is an amazing face mask which nourishes our skin and cleans out excess oil and dirt. It detoxifies dry skin and improves blood circulation. It is a natural ingredient which treats our skin in different dimensions. Make the face packs properly and remember to purchase high quality products for best care.
More reasons to use multani mitti for face
- Dark circles: multani mitti is known to be really effective in cleansing dark circles. Those under eye lines are not very appealing and they tend to dull down your complexion and make you look older. You have already gone through benefits and types of packs which you can use for improving your skin condition, so choose your pick and heal dark circles along with brightening up the entire face. If you specially want to make a mix for dark circles, you can add lemon extract to multani mitti and add it with 1 teaspoon of fresh cream. Apply on the zone and wash after 20 minutes.
- Exfoliating element: multani mitti can turn out to be an amazing exfoliating element. You can simple team it with orange peel and pure sandalwood powder. Add some gram flour and basil which are optional. Make a paste and apply to the skin. Wash the face once its dry and see the difference.
- Exfoliating face mask: face masks are somewhere between exfoliating cleansers and face packs. You can easily remove dead skin and revive the real look. Add 1 teaspoon of lemon extract with brown sugar and multani mitti. There is one more option to this, and that is done by adding sago (sabudana) to the mask. You can alternatively take the lemon extract and add it to a pan after dropping some granules of sago in it. Let the ingredients thicken over low flame while you keep stirring. Take it off the fire and let it cool. Now add the sugar and multani mitti and mix all the ingredients well. Massage the mix on your face and leave the area. Let it sit for 10 minutes after which you can wash your wash.